We aim to provide a high-quality legal service to all our clients but if at any time this is not maintained we need you to tell us about it so that we can do our best to resolve the problem. This will help us to improve our standards.
We hope that you will initially be able to resolve any problem or complaint that you have with your fee earner on an informal basis. If you have not been able to resolve your problem with your fee earner, please contact Nasreen Kherdin on email@example.com , who will investigate your concerns by reviewing the information from the documents on the file and from anyone else that may be involved and will contact you with a proposal for resolution.
If we feel it appropriate, rather than providing a formal written response, we may invite you to meet with us to discuss your complaint and try to resolve it, or we may telephone you to discuss it. We are likely to do this if we feel that matters may be concluded swiftly and amicably by this route.
We will try and ensure that we have properly addressed your concerns within as short a time as possible although the length of time taken will depend on the complexity of your matter and complaint. In any event we aim to provide our final response to your complaint within eight weeks of you making it.
In our complaints procedure, we aim to:
- provide clear and easy to use information for those wishing to make a complaint;
- provide a prompt response and our assurance that the matter is being reviewed;
- make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way;
- make sure that all complaints are, wherever possible, resolved;
- gather information that helps us to improve our service.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your complaint you may refer the matter to:
Address PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Telephone 0300 555 0333
You should contact the Ombudsman no later than:
- six months after receiving our final response to the complaint and
- Six years from the date of the act/omission complained of or, where later, no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for a complaint.