Client care is paramount consequently we are committed to managing the client’s expectations dealing with family law disputes in a constructive way. We can help you plan for the future with:
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
When difficulties arise we can help you to protect yourself and your family with:
- Injunctions (Non Molestation and Occupation Orders)
- Specific Issue Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders
- Separation Agreement
- Child Residence and Contact Applications
- Child Care Proceedings
We can then help you to plan for the future with confidence on:
- Financial and Property Issues
- Change of Name Deeds
We understand that the end to a family relationship can bring emotional and financial change and challenges. At KD Law we ensure that we listen to our clients and try and provide a sympathetic, supportive and focused approach through the process.
Family law is a legal practice area that focuses on issues involving family relationships, amongst others such as divorce, children’s matters, financial matters, separation.
We have significant experience in handling relationship breakdown, including divorce, disputes between co habiting couples, domestic violence, children’s matters and financial matters.
Our lawyers take a pragmatic and thorough approach aimed at reaching the best possible outcome for you and your family, focusing on the long-term and wider aims of the family and children.
Our lawyers have extensive experience of advising on and negotiating financial settlements for our clients. our starting point is effective negotiation – resolving differences practically and efficiently in a child-centred manner. We provide an emphatic and caring approach for our clients and guide you with sound legal advice, acting in your best interest and in the best interest of any children involved. We actively listen to our clients and understand their concerns and needs
We will always consider the most effective approach to resolving your case either through mediation or other means. We will try and reach an agreement that is fair in a pragmatic and non-confrontational way. We will work with you to work out a plan that reduces the time, costs and stress that may occur to conclude your case.
We have considerable experience acting for individuals and families suffering domestic violence .We recognise that domestic violence can take many forms from physical abuse to coercive and financial control. We will seek emergency orders to protect vulnerable clients and children by obtaining non-molestation orders as well as securing the safety of victims in their homes through occupation orders. We will explore with our clients any therapeutic services that may assist them and their families.
We can advise you on all aspects of your divorce, including:
- The divorce process-to include cross border jurisdiction cases.
- International divorce / choosing the right divorce jurisdiction
- Financial arrangements– to include cases with an international element, financial arrangements for you and any children of the family, to achieve a settlement through the use of the court process, negotitiation collaboration and mediation. To protect your assets in the UK or worldwide such as preventing your spouse or partner to remove or dispose of them.
- Child arrangements- to include cross border jurisdiction cases and assist in court proceedings if necessary.
- Civil Partnerships
- International Divorce – wide range of issues to include child abduction, disputes between jurisdiction and recognition and enforcement of foreign court orders in this country.
- Religious Divorces
- Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements- Important part in wealth and estate planning and to achieve fairness in the event of a relationship breakdown.