We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. We will also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
We are charging you a fixed fee of 1,750 + VAT. Plus 500 + VAT additional services.
This includes: obtaining the grant.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal fees £2,000.00
VAT on legal fees £400.00
Disbursements (£248 in total):
- Probate court fee of £155.
- £10 Swearing of the oath.
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches £2
- £77.10 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors. Copy £3.90
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee you will:
- Have an experienced probate solicitor to work on your matter, who will
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 4-6 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 2-4 weeks after application.
This quote is for estates where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 4 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other intangible assets
- There are 1-3 beneficiaries
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of assets. If disputes arise this is likely to lead to an increase in costs
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a full
- account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
- If there are multiple beneficiaries, various properties in the UK and abroad and multiple bank accounts, our legal costs will rise to reflect the additional work.
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £0.50 (1 per asset usually).
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.